5 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR HOME COOL THIS SUMMER
Georgia- known for its sweet tea, southern hospitality, soul food, and........its heat. We've already felt a small glimpse of this brutal heat, and unfortantely, what the rest of the summer is going to be feel like.
We want to give you some tips on how to make you home cooler this summer without any additional costs to you.
1. Turn your ceiling fans on. This will allow you to raise the thermostat setting by about 4 degrees, with no reduction in your personal comfort.
2. Close your blinds. Family Handyman cites that up to 30% of unwanted hear comes from your windows. Basically, when you have your blinds up or open, your home essentially becomes a greenhouse, thus, increasing the heat in your home.
3. Change your air filters. Yes, yes. You hear this all the time. But its because its the truth. Changing your air filters monthly will allow your air conditioning system to work much more efficiently against the heat.
4. Utilize your grill. aUsing your oven WILL increase the temperature in your home. Utilizing your grill outside will save you that added heat in your house. Besides, who doesn't love that char-grilled taste?
5. Plant trees around your house. This creates shade, which in return, blocks out some of that hot summer heat from entering your home.
Those are some of our tips on how to cool your home. What are some solutions you have found to keep your home cool during the summer?